This Three Bean Chili recipe blends dark red kidney, pinto, and black beans with cinnamon for a sweet kick. It’s the perfect dish for a cold day—and a great excuse to dust off your Dutch oven. Serve it to friends or use it to meal prep for a busy week. Just make sure you’ve stocked up on sour cream!
Looking for your Recipe Box?
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Servings: 8 to 10
- 2 cans (15 oz) BUSH'S® Black Beans
- 1 can (16 oz) BUSH'S® Dark Red Kidney Beans
- 1 can (16 oz) BUSH'S® Pinto Beans
- 2 lbs lean ground round beef
- 3 tsp chili powder
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (14.5 oz) tomatoes
- 1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Cinnamon, to taste
- Sour cream
- Brown ground beef in heavy Dutch oven or soup pot.
- Add chili powder and mix well. Add onion and pepper to meat and cook for 2 minutes. Drain off excess grease.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except sour cream. Simmer on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Top with a dollop of sour cream.