Created for BUSH'S® Beans by Liz Weiss, registered dietitian, co-founder of the family-friendly food blog, "Meal Makeover Moms' Kitchen" at MealMakeoverMoms.com/kitchen, Kiwi magazine freelance writer and mom.
These recipes were created with our vegetarian and gluten-free friends in mind. However, we recommend reading each label to make sure every ingredient suits your dietary needs. Please also remember that product formulations can change, so if you ever have any questions, make sure to contact the product manufacturer!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Servings: 10
- 1 can (16 oz) BUSH'S® Dark Red Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15.5 oz) BUSH'S® Cannellini Beans or BUSH'S® Great Northern Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup diced (1/4-inch) red bell pepper
- 1 can (28 oz) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (15 oz) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup water
- 3 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp curry powder
- 1/3 tsp ground cinnamon
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until golden, about 1 minute. Raise the heat to medium-high, add the onion, and cook until softened, 5 minutes.
- Add the bell pepper and cook until the vegetables are very tender, 5 to 7 minutes. If the bottom of the pan begins to scorch, add a small amount of water.
- Stir in the tomatoes, kidney beans, cannellini beans, corn, water, cumin, chili powder, curry powder, and cinnamon.
- Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve in individual bowls and top with optional toppings (like sour cream, Cheddar cheese and chopped onions) as desired.